Ever wonder what it's like to go through infertility? Unfortunately, I know first hand. But after several years of trying, I finally found my baby! In the process, I gained confidence and perspective and was finally able to open up about what our experience with infertility was like. Maybe you can relate? Or maybe you're curious because someone close to you is going through it. Either way, thanks for stopping by! And while you're here, I'd love to hear about your experience, too. Please leave a comment...

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Year, New Attitude

Hello, Friends!  I hope this Wednesday-Hump-Day finds you well.  Today is cold, gray, dreary and snowy and we are gearing up for our first real snowfall of the year.  I love the snow, especially when it first falls and no one has yet attacked it with their shovels.  As soon as Hubby gets home from work (early, I hope), we will hunker down with some comfort food, a fire and a hot, steamy mug of hot chocolate!

I have had so many posts in mind for this New Year, and already the time has gotten away from me and I haven't been able to write.  Partly because our holidays got extended with a last-minute, post-Christmas visit from my sister who is currently living in Europe.  Partly because of the death of a dear, dear friend whom I miss to the point of tears and whom I am desperately anxious to see again someday in Heaven.  And partly because I am just kind of blue these days.  Ever just been in the dumps for no apparent reason?  I don't feel like cooking, don't feel like calling up a good friend, don't even feel like getting up to my old trick of attacking my house with bleach wipes and a broom and working myself into a better mood.  Yesterday I tried napping, but Baby Boy wasn't really into a nap, himself, so I couldn't fall asleep.  This morning Baby Boy was kind enough to sleep in late, so I did too and thought that would help.  Not really.  Then, after a lengthy fuss (which is not normal) he fell asleep for a good nap late this morning.  So while he was napping I let myself be lazy and read a book, watched my favorite tv show (Real Housewives - ashamed to admit it but I am a huge fan), ate a comfort food lunch (lasagne and Texas Toast)....and still am not motivated!! 

This is not exactly how I wanted to begin my blog for the year, so I have to apologize in advance to all my new friends out there.  But I would love your input here!  What do you do to work yourself out of the blues? 

P.S.  I promise the Christmas theme will not stay up until July!  I am working on some new stuff and have a few kinks to work out first...

P.P.S.  So I haven't chosen a new graphic theme for my blog yet but at least the Christmas decorations are down!  And it isn't even July!  And I found a new trick for beating the blues:  crawl around on the floor playing with the cutest baby you've ever seen until your knees are bruised.  Why didn't I think of that two days ago?  Worked like a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment